Stay at home mom, working mom, whichever you may be you still have a second job (or maybe a third), the job of raising children. It’s a blessing and a job, all wrapped up into one spectacular little package.
I have always wondered how other mothers with more children do it all. Since I only have one child, I some days feel like I could never imagine having more.
When I started back to the world of being a full time mom, working outside of the home, it was hard. I really never left my tiny human at all during the week, let alone everyday for 8 plus hours!
How will this all get accomplished I asked myself?
How will I not miss her, and cry everyday when I walk out the door.
How will the laundry and cleaning all get done?
Who teach her how to do things while I am at work- ALL DAY.
Sadly, what will I miss?
My question to all parents, is the age old one- how do you balance it all? How do you show up everyday and feel like you have it all balanced?
Or is there really a solution?
A few months ago, I was asked to be a part of a group with some bloggers here in Pittsburgh, and we got a chance to listen to some of the moms that work for Northwood Realty. They shared how they balanced it, how the got a chance to do it all.
It’s because, Northwood gives them the ability to be a mom and have a full-time career. They help you to balance all the things that I was worried about.
Of course, it is still not easy, but when you work for a company that allows you to put family first, it’s easier to “have it all” per se.
Northwood understands this. They place significant value on moms as employees and they provide built-in flexibility to help moms succeed: Many of the attributes that make moms exceptional also translate to success as agents:
- You can manage your own schedule and work it around your family’s needs. If you have a sick child or need to attend an afternoon school play? Northwood Realty Services enables moms to make this happen.
“If you want something done, ask a busy person.” As many moms know, there is only one of you, so you have to figure out a way to get everything done. With real estate, you have to juggle a lot of balls at the same time – an open house and a closing on the same day, for example!
Moms have a ton on their plate, and they’re some of the best time managers and multi-taskers out there, making them well-suited for a real estate career.
- Buying and selling a home is a huge decision that greatly impacts a person’s life and finances. Clients appreciate when someone is able to listen to their concerns, understand their needs and keep them calm throughout the home-buying process. Who better to practice patience and grace under pressure than moms?
- Besides family and friends from before kids, many moms participate in playgroups, mommy and me classes, go to playdates, etc. This is a great way to get connected to new friends and build or expand a network of potential clients.
- Mothers are passionate for what they care about and will fight for things that matter. Northwood Realty Services seeks out people who advocate for their clients and are passionate about what they are doing and helping people.
- Moms are tough. There are tough days and great days as a mom. Being an agent is the same.
As you can see from the first time I met all these ladies, I understood why they worked for Northwood, and totally respect the career choices they have made from one working mother to another.
We all have to make it work somehow, and I give credit to all the parents who have this balance thing figured out.
Can you share some tips with us?
Best as always,
Author: Nicole Mildren
Nicole Mildren is the author of Champagne To Crayons, first time mom, and celebrates motherhood in the best way she knows how; by remembering she is just not a mom. Owning her own business, and Marketing Director of the Pittsburgh MomCon helps her stay sane in the world of motherhood.